Update: Remains found near Myrtle Beach believed to be human | News
Police confirm skeletal remains found over the weekend in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina are human. South Carolina police say the remains were found Saturday scattered across a wooded area. They say this is about six miles from where Chili teen Brittanee Drexel was last seen.
Drexel was 17 when she disappeared on April 25, 2009 while on spring break there. Investigators say it appears the remains had been there for years and believe they could have been moved around by an animal.
We spoke to Drexel’s mother. She says she was contacted by police when the remains were found and she says she doesn't have any gut feelings about this, she's just waiting to hear like everyone else. “I want to know where Brittanee is and I would know if that outcome was to be that she had passed but it's hard as a parent. How do you come to terms with or child dying, or that was murdered? How do you deal with that?”
If you think you have any information about Brittanee’s whereabouts, you are asked to call police.
Upcoming Events near Gates-Chili
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- “God’s Comic” Brad Stine to deliver holy hilarity and more at Roberts Wesleyan College
- Town of Gates to hold 46th annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Westside forecast for April 15th
- Mobile DMV Hours in Chili extend hours Tuesday to assist stolen license plate victims
- Police: Gates man flashes fake badge at police, claims to be an officer