Gates Chili School District wins grand prize for school lunch program | News
The Gates Chili School District was selected as one of two New York State school districts to receive 2011 Best Practices Awards for their efforts using United States Department of Agriculture Foods.
Gates Chili will receive a federal funded $5,000 cash award that will be used to support the purchase of school lunch related equipment. Awards will be presented at the New York State School Nutrition Association Conference in Poughkeepsie on November 5.
The Gates Chili district was honored for their high school Guest Chef project. Students were charged with creating a lunch that met the same monetary and nutritional guidelines that school food service staff are required to meet. Students also marketed their menus and spent the day working with kitchen staff to prepare and serve the meal.
Upcoming Events near Gates-Chili
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 14th Annual Westside Ecumenical Benefit Concert
- “God’s Comic” Brad Stine to deliver holy hilarity and more at Roberts Wesleyan College
- Town of Gates to hold 46th annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Westside forecast for April 15th
- Mobile DMV Hours in Chili extend hours Tuesday to assist stolen license plate victims